Hi NJ Playground Parents! Just wanted to share this great place with you. It is an “unofficial review” as we were not able to coordinate an official visit with iPlay America. For this visit we brought our whole family, boys age 7 and 6, and my 3-year-old daughter. Our pictures did not come out great as it is dim inside, but we did manage to take video.
UPDATE: Special Deal (affiliate link)
Location, Hours, Pricing
iPlay America is located on 110 Schanck Rd in Freehold, NJ. You should definitely check out their website for daily deals especially if you are taking a few kids which can add up!
For my youngest we weren’t sure if she can go on many rides, so we ended up “paying as you go”. Each credit is $.50. (From their website: “iPA Cards can be loaded with credits, each credit is valued at .50 cents; credits can be used for our rides, attractions, and games and are priced individually by a credit amount. For example $10.00 in cash can be converted to 20 Credits for value in the park. In addition, when purchasing credits in increments of $10.00, $25.00, $50.00, or $100.00 you also receive 2, 10, 25, and 50 credits for Free depending on which value you choose. Pay as you go credits are not valid for food and beverage and retail purchases. “)
For the older boys, we purchased the iRide plus bands, which were $29.95 each on the weekend. This allowed them to do everything they wanted which was plenty. However to play the games you still have to purchase credits.
Rides and Height Requirements
Here are the rides/attractions:
All rides are at least 36″ to ride. But they have plenty of the small stationary rides that bob up and down or side to side for the under 36″ crowd (use the iPA card to pay as you g0). My daughter loves those, as you can see from the video I posted below. For those over 36″ check out the rides below:
These are perfect for the under 42″ crowd:
- Kite Flyer – Fly like a superhero on your stomach in this cool ride. (“Must be 36” to ride with an adult or 42” to ride alone.)
- Blue (Happy) Swing – Up to 12 people can enjoy the swing, which boosts you into the air at variable rates. Children and adults can enjoy this twist on a classic playground favorite that will swing riders up to 15 feet in the air! Must be at least 36” to ride. Rider cannot be taller than 70”.
- Jump Around Boats– Must be at least 5 years old and 36″ to ride. (oops, my daughter was 3 and we rode on it, I don’t think they pay much attention to age)
- Be a passenger of a double go kart (your adult needs to be at least 18yo and 60″ tall)
- Dizzy Dragons (tea cup spinny type ride) –This is our absolute favorite ride for our family. Fun for the whole lot 🙂 Must be at least 36” to ride.
- Just iKidz- Soft play jungle gym for ages 3-9. Small but a great place for the little ones to burn some energy.
For over 42″:
- iPA Speedway had single or double go karts. This place is best visited if there is more than one adult to accompany the kids who don’t meet the age/height requirements but want to ride in the go kart. (“Must be at least 10 years old and 56” to drive a single go kart. Must be at least 18 years old and 60” tall to drive double go karts with a passenger. Double go kart passengers must be at least 4 years old and 36” tall.”)
- Skyscraper – Must be at least 42” to ride with an adult or 52” to ride alone.
- Bumper Cars – Must be at least 5 years old and 42” to ride.
Laser tag and laser frenzy were perfect attractions for our boys (ages 6 and 8). They keep begging me to go back. There is also a 4D movie experience as well as mini bowling and a soft play jungle gym for the young ones. We didn’t even get a chance to experience the go karts, but will update the review if we go again.
Pictures and Video
Unfortunately my camera didn’t get great pictures, but I did put together a little video when I was following my 3yo daughter. So you can guess I didn’t get much of the stuff that was geared for the 42″ and above crowd. I hope to return for an official visit so we can capture some more experiences and edit the video below to include some of the stuff for the older kids. But until then, here is what we got!