Playground & Sprinkler Park, Garfield, NJ (Jewell St. Playground)

by | Jul 15, 2009 | Bergen County Playgrounds, Garfield, Outdoor Playgrounds | 15 comments

Playground Guide Description:
ADDRESS: Jewell St & Lanza Ave
DIRECTIONS: US-46 W via exit 157 toward Rt 20/Garfield. Take the CR-507 ramp towards the Garden State Parkway N/Garfield/Ridgewood. Turn left onto River Rd for approximately .7 miles and make a left onto Lanza Ave. Turn left onto Jewell St.
DESCRIPTION: A nice playground with new equipment. This red, white, and blue structure is in the full sun and in an enclosed mulched and fenced in area. It is next to the town’s spray ground. The structure is for older kids but has plenty of playthings for the little ones. The slides are very tall.

PARKING: Street Only
CLIMBING: Fireman’s pole, circular climber, hand and foot steps, mushroom caps, lots of steps
PLAYTHINGS: Tic-tac-toe, musical center, pictures
SLIDES: Two chutes
SWINGS Eight full size, two toddler
WATER: Town spray ground with lots of shooting fountains & water drop boxes
MAKE A DAY OF IT: Stop by Mamma Mia’s pizza on Lanza Ave for a slice and a soda for the perfect afternoon play date.

img_3071img_3061Division Avenue and Jewell St., Garfield, NJ. (I use 137 Division Avenue as an approximate address) Playground is open to the public but sprinkler park is only for Garfield residents. We don’t live in Garfield so we didn’t experience it, but managed to take pics of it, (it was after hours when we went). Looks really neat though. The hours are 10:30AM- 5:30pm for the Spray Park for residents and members only. I’m not sure how you can be a member, maybe a Garfield resident can comment below.


  1. Evelyn Villalona-Peralta

    Im a Garfield resident and I would like to know how I can be a member for the sprinkler part? Please advice as soon as possible – thank you

  2. admin

    I think you can just go, but not 100% sure, check with your township municipal directory, let us know how it goes!

  3. Evelyn Villalona-Peralta

    Will do – thank you!

  4. megs

    if you arent a member it cost $5 for one day ages 3 and up, become a member at the ymca

  5. Lisa

    Very cool place. One con to it though, unless it’s changed since I checked last year, they aren’t open weekends. You can get a season pass through City Hall I believe and def worth it if you plan to go more than a few times. Highly recommended for a scorcher of a day.

  6. Margarita

    It says residents and members only, If I am not a resident, would they allow me to purchase a day pass? I love in Belleville and this is the only place close to us that has a sprinkler park, essex county doeesn’t have anything like this for the kids.

  7. victoria

    Margarita you can go to Lyndhurst Town park all non-residents can use it

  8. Claudia Jannucci

    Today is 7-5-12 and the town hall told me the spray park is for residents only. Bummer.

  9. Cookie

    the water paek can be used by non residents for a $5.oo fee. Excellent Park, ad Idea. good changing facilities.

  10. Joni Scrivani

    I went there today 7-7-04, and was told it was for residents only–and there is a $5 fee for residents.

  11. Mer

    You can purchase a pass at the recreation center in garfield,at midland ave,but you have to show id that you live in garfield.If you go straight to the sprinklers,you can get in for 5$ a person,under 5 years kids are free,and they don’t usually check the id to let you in.They are open on Saturdays too,but in Lyndhurst sprinkler park,it’s 1$ to get in so cool too.Hope it helps:)

  12. Sarah

    So, someone mentioned membership through ymca? If I am a member of the YMCa in garfield is there a fee? I do not feel like walking there to find out I have to pay a fee.

  13. Vilma Lopez

    If you live in Garfield you need to fill out this application:

    Return it to the Recreation Department M-F between 10am and 3pm: Ann & Sam Sangis Recreation Center
    466 Midland Ave, Garfield, New Jersey 07026 – call them at (973) 546-1700

    Season Pass is : $20 per child (kids under 5 are free but still need to register to get the pass).

    Hope that helps (Mommy of 2)

  14. Sarah d

    Go to
    And go to the link for recreation on top bar then on the menu on left for recreation. At the bottom of that page you will find a bold title with a link to the spray ground application for residents.

    Posted the link but in case it does not show the instructions are above.

  15. Melissa

    Want to take my kids one day when it nice to a water park would be nice n great

Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *