We are always on the lookout for a new unique place to go. Â Wanted to share this special spot with all our readers and fans :)Â
Update: 1/3/2017- 1/5/2017 (one showing at 5pm for Sing Movie) see details here
Do you have a special unique spot to share, comment below!
Â A few years ago my friend, Sue, shared this place with me. Â A movie theater perfect for families with young kids.Â DunellenÂ Cinema CafeÂ isÂ located on 458 North Avenue,Â Dunellen, NJ. They are currently showing “The Lego Movie” till 3/6/2014 and then Mr. Peabody starts on 3/7.
What makes this theater special?
- One screen only, and regularly shows the kids movies (not in 3D)
- Reasonable Prices. Â From their website: Â “Our ticket prices are $8.00 for adults and $6.00 for children andÂ seniors. Â You can either order anything off our Tavern menu whichÂ includes a variation of sandwiches, salads, appetizer, children menu andÂ more. Â Take advantage of our Pizza Special which is 1 largeÂ cheese pizza and a pitcher of soda or beerÂ (yes you read that correctly) for $15.75.
- Room for a stroller. Â Who would bring a baby to a movie theater? Anyone!!! It’s the place for it, atÂ Dunellen, they feature kids’ movies where it’s intention is for families to come in relax and wheel in the stroller. Â They took out every other row in the theater for coffee tables that are easily moved around.
- You can choose to dine in and bringÂ drinks from the bar to your seat. Â Buy your tickets, and then order your food to be served to you at your theater seats. Â The theater shares an open entrance to “Zupkos” a bar restaurant with a regular menu.
We just completed a birthday party here, and it works well especially if the kids like the movie that’s playing. Â They have a few selections, and we opted for the $330 selection (20 kids, 1 slice/popcorn each). Â You get the whole balcony if you like. Â And you have to bring in the cake/cupcakes, favors. Â NO BALLOONS because they are a pain to get down if they go up.
- You get to have your birthday person’s name on the marquee
- It’s a family friendly theater so you can bring strollers
- The balcony gives you a lot of room and it allows the young kids to walk around.
- You can order food and drinks from Zupkos bar that is in the same building
- Have a freezer to store an ice cream cake if needed
- Party host Alison was great!